Classes of hosting services
A hosting solution is connected with hoarding and/or sharing certain content on a hosting server run by a website hosting provider. There are different categories of hosting services used for various aims, so let's examine them. Thus, you can choose what you need, depending on whether you'd like to create a weblog, email aliases, or to share files with comrades and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service made available by various hosts, which lets you share enormous files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its only objective is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a register of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free-of-cost file hosting accounts frequently involve ads by the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a specific period of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you get a paid file storage package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting wholesalers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a totally incongruous interpretation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would distribute the tasks at hand between different hosts of servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending miscellaneous webspace hosting services (mail, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, web space hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is only a sort of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; specific companies offer a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting kind is good if you would like to share a large number of pictures with chums or partners since the solution is commonly free of cost. You will receive a randomly generated link for every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for websites.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to administering your electronic mail accounts. Some vendors offer hosting solutions for web sites, but do not provide an e-mail solution. If you wish to set up a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to possess a site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you need. You can open email accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a given video, or you can embed the video clip in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this method in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video file brings about a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with several videos and several hundred website viewers, you may have a problem with your webspace hosting reserves. Embedding the video clip will permit you to administer as many video files as you wish without worrying about system resources.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you need if you wish to have a website. To some degree, it contains all of the abovementioned hosting variants since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can have databases and email addresses, upload video clips, and so on. At Free Hostia, for example, you can view web hosting and dedicated hosting solutions that enable you to get all of the aforementioned solutions in a single place. There may be limits depending on the kind of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your website hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the ordinary e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are intended for particular web content exclusively.